Sorry its been literally forever since I last posted.. Life has been pretty crazy. This blog post is reflecting on where I was around this time last year compared to this year. The differences and similarities my life has had in one years time, and appreciating all of it.
May 24th 2016:
I was leaving to go travel on a family vacation to Scottsdale, Arizona. After this vacation I had 5 days to pack up to get ready to go and work at the iconic Cannes Film Festival as an Event Management Intern. After my amazing and unforgettable time in France, I had about two weeks to settle up unpack, and then re-pack to go work at the Banff World Media Festival as an Events Operations Assistant. I spent the rest of the summer travelling and making memories that I will have for the rest of my life. After most of my travelling experiences (which was in late August) I was getting ready to start and finish my last year in school which was specializing in Event Management.
My life has changed a lot in one year. 2016 was by far one of the best years in my life, especially with travelling. I went on a total of 8 vacations/trips while being a full time student. While my teachers told me I couldn’t do this and there was no way I could make this work with school, look who graduated and did just fine, like the rest of the class. Except I got to do things that made me happy and create memories and experiences I will remember for the rest of my life, while still completing all my work and achieving good marks.
June 2nd 2017:
My life has changed in the last year by many ways, but also has many similarities.
- Maturing more: I feel like I have matured a lot more. I am starting to pay for more bills, working full time, thinking more about the future, am successfully finished school (hopefully forever) and am soon moving out. I am young enough I can still take chances and do things where I don’t know how it’ll end up.
Example: Randomly taking a course to be a certified eyelash technician to start my own business. Completely random and has no guarantee how it’ll end up, but challenges myself in many ways and has the opportunity to extremely benefit myself.
- Working out: For over a month I have consistently been working out, and have no plan on stopping. This is the first time in a very long time I have been challenging myself to always try and make time for the gym a minimum of 5x a week. I must say even though I haven’t seen a lot of results (because that takes time) it feels very good to be pushing myself for a healthy lifestyle.
- Travelling: In 10 days this will be my third trip in 2017. From moving out and working more jobs, I may not be able to go on as many trips as last year but I will definitely be spending 2017 still travelling as much as I can.
- Surrounding myself with great people: I am one of those types of people that would rather have a few real, great friends then a lot of fake friends. In the last year it has changed who I am spending my time with, but the quality of the greatness of the people have not. Life’s too short to spend time with shitty people.
- Never settling: Regardless of what it is, I never settle. Currently I am trying to be the happiest I’ve been and that steams from your living situation, work life, and personal life. It is my goal to not stop looking at opportunities to be the happiest I’ve been, and to not settle for anything.
Overall, I am very happy. I have so many things and people to be thankful for, so how could I not be? It makes me super happy being able to look back on last year and all the fun, travelling experiences I got to enjoy. If you didn’t notice, last years focus was on travelling which I successfully did, and this year my focus is on bettering myself. Every day I want to challenge myself to be the best I can, and reach my fitness and personal goals by the end of 2017.
How has your life changed/stayed the same over the last year? Are you happy with how your life is going or do you have goals you want to achieve to make it even better? I’d love to hear about it💕!
Have a great day,